The Association’s provider is GFL who provides a 96 gallon tote for trash and a 64 gallon recycling tote. Basic trash service is included in association dues, which includes your bin plus two (2) additional bags per week. Additional bags or other items may be picked up for an additional charge. Please contact the HOA Treasurer to coordinate pickup and payment of additional items.
The Service Day is Monday Morning. GFL observes the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. If these holidays fall on a Monday, trash and recycling pick up will move to Tuesday Morning.
Recycling service can be added for a small additional fee.
Guidelines for trash:
- Trash and recycling containers are to be kept in garages except when put out for pickup on trash day.
- Place your trash out the morning of the trash pickup day. Hunters Point has bears and other animals, which will rummage through the trash.
- Winds can be high in Hunters Point. Please ensure all refuse and recyclables are totally immersed in the toters and ensure lids are secured from blowing open. Bungee cords work well for this.
Notify the Association Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make any of the following changes to your service
- Adding/canceling recycling services
- Replacement bins
- Trash pickup outside the contract of two bags
The Association tennis court is located in the park at the intersection of Oak Hills Drive and Stoney Point Court. It is for use of Association members and guests only. The court gate is locked; the combination can be obtained by emailing the Association Vice President at email@example.com. Whenever the combination is changed, the new combination will be sent to all subscribers to the Association email blast. The tennis court is only for use for tennis and other net games. No skateboards or roller skates are allowed.
For questions or concerns regarding the tennis court, contact the Association Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMON AREA MAINTENANCE
The Association maintains the park, HOA signs, and HOA trails. Maintenance is performed through a landscaping contractor.
Suggestions or issues regarding maintenance of any HOA owned property or facilities can be emailed to the Association Vice President at email@example.com.
PRIVATE DRIVE MAINTENANCE
The Association owns and maintains six private drives. This maintenance includes the asphalt, curbs, gutters and snow removal. Property owners on the private drives pay into a fund to pay for this maintenance.
- 1614 -1630 Oak Hills Drive
- 1620-1670 Pinnacle Ridge Lane
- 1650-1695 Summit Point Court
- 1850-1856 Oak Hills Drive
- 1920-1950 Oak Hills Drive
- 2040-2065 Hunters Point Lane
Suggestions or issues regarding maintenance of the private drives can be emailed to the Association Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Association provides snow plow service to the private drives and parking lot at the park. In addition, sidewalks at the Oak Hills Drive entrance sign, park, and ravine are cleared. The snow plow service is called out whenever there is a 3-6 inch snow fall. This is the same plowing policy that is used in the City of Colorado Springs for non-major roadways.
For questions regarding snow removal contact the Association Vice President at email@example.com.
CSFD CHIPPER SERVICE
The Association, in partnership with the Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSPD), normally has a wood chipper come through the neighborhood twice a year in May and July to remove neatly stacked tree limbs. The hours of wildfire mitigation effort are reported the head of the Wildfire Mitigation Committee who provides a report the CSPD. The hours reported are used to justify the use of the chipper as well as other joint HOA/CSFD projects to benefit the Association.
2023 Pick-up for Hunters Point will begin May 29 and August 28.
Registration is REQUIRED for Pickup and must be done for each session.
Register online at: https://www.coswildfireready.org/sign-up-for-chipping.
If you are new to Colorado Springs, Hunters Point or Fire Mitigation, you can learn more about the chipper program and the benefits to both your property and the community at coswildfireready.com.
Monday, May 29, 2023
Monday, August 28, 2023
• Chipping will occur during the 1-2 weeks following the listed date
• Piles will be picked up by the end of the chipping block
- We ONLY accept woody limbs and branches up to 9 inches in diameter
- We ONLY accept properly stacked piles
- We do NOT accept construction or building materials, nails, wire
- We do NOT accept grass clippings, bags of leaves, trash, weeds, yuccas, root wads, dirt, or rocks
- Piles must be stacked curbside by 8:00 a.m. Monday morning on your designated chipping block
- Please limit pile size to 5’x5’x5’. There is no limit as to the number of piles along the curb
- Piles must be within 5 feet of the roadway
- Piles must be stacked neatly with cut ends facing the road
- Do not tie or band piles
- PILES STACKED INCORRECTLY WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Addresses not registered WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Do not combine piles with neighbors or haul in from other neighborhoods
- Chipping will occur during the 1-2 weeks following the listed date
- Piles will be picked up by the end of the chipping block
The association provides email communications to all members who have subscribed to the service. The emails consist of wildlife warnings (bear, mountain lion, etc) in the neighborhood, fire risks, association events, etc.
To sign up for email blasts, please fill out this form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board produces and shares a Homeowner Directory listing contact information of those who have opted in for publication. The directory is updated as ownership and contact information changes. The directory is distributed electronically to all homeowners.
Spring Clean Up
The cleanup is held on a Saturday in early May of each year. Association members gather in the Park at 9am for coffee, juice and donuts. Teams are formed to do basic cleanup of association property and roads. At noon, the group gathers again at the Park for pizza and fellowship. Representatives from the CSPD and the CSFD often attend to provide a community update. Wildfire mitigation assessments of individual properties are often provided. This is a great opportunity to meet neighbors and support the Association.
The Hunters Point Summer Party is normally held in August of each year. Themes vary each year and normally over 120 owners and their families attend. Food, beverages, kids games and activities are provided.
Each year in February or March, the Hunters Point Board invites the volunteers who supported the Association in the past year to an Appreciation Dinner. It is a way of saying thank you to our neighbors who volunteered their time to make the association successful.