TRASH AND RECYCLING SERVICE
Each HP HOA unit will be provided a 96-gallon toter for trash and, for recycling participants, a 64-gallon recycling toter. Basic trash service is included in association dues, which includes your toter plus two (2) additional bags per week.
- Regular weekly recycling services are optional at an additional fee.
- Additional trash and recycling totes are available upon request and will be assessed at the same rate, and will be paid in advance as well.
- Additional bags over the 2-bag limit included above or bulk pick up (see below) items will be assessed an additional charge.
- The Service Day is Monday Morning.
- Republic Services observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
- If these holidays fall on a Monday, trash and recycling pick up will move to Tuesday Morning.
- Trash and recycling containers are to be kept in garages except when put out for pickup on trash day.
- Place your trash out the morning of the trash pickup day in compliance with City of Colorado Springs Bear Management and Resistant Trash Ordinance at https://coloradosprings.gov/bears. This ordinance requires that residents within the bear management area to secure their trash or use bear-resistant trash containers in the Bear Management area. Hunters Point is in the Bear Management area.
- Please be sure to return your bin(s) to your garage by evening of trash day.
- Winds can be high in Hunters Point. Please ensure all refuse and recyclables are totally immersed in the toters and ensure lids are secured from blowing open. Bungee cords work well for this.
- Recycling: All recycling MUST be in the recycling toter and cardboard boxes are to be broken down flat and preferably in the toter. Republic Services has been accommodating in picking up larger recycling items such as large boxes when broken down and next to the recycling toter.
- Bulk Items: Republic Services can be contacted directly at 303 286-1200 to request a bulk item removal and the charge is $60/item.
- All billing for regular trash and recycling services is paid in advance through the HOA’s dues assessed in January.
- The Treasurer will pay Republic Services directly monthly, and in order to reconcile the Republic Services billing monthly, it is important that you contact the Treasurer to coordinate pickup and payment of additional items.
- If recycling is canceled mid-year, the homeowner will get a pro-rated refund.
- If recycling is added mid-year, the homeowner will be invoiced the pro-rated amount for the remainder of the year.
- You must contact the Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance for the following trash/recycling services:
- Adding/canceling recycling services
- Additional trash or recycling toters
- Replacement toters
The Association tennis court is located in the park at the intersection of Oak Hills Drive and Stoney Point Court. It is for use of Association members and guests only. The court gate is locked; the combination can be obtained by emailing the Association Vice President at email@example.com. Whenever the combination is changed, the new combination will be sent to all subscribers to the Association email blast. The tennis court is only for use for tennis and other net games. No skateboards or roller skates are allowed.
For questions or concerns regarding the tennis court, contact the Association Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMON AREA MAINTENANCE
The Association maintains the park, HOA signs, and HOA trails. Maintenance is performed through a landscaping contractor.
Suggestions or issues regarding maintenance of any HOA owned property or facilities can be emailed to the Association Vice President at email@example.com.
PRIVATE DRIVE MAINTENANCE
The Association owns and maintains six private drives. This maintenance includes the asphalt, curbs, gutters and snow removal. Property owners on the private drives pay into a fund to pay for this maintenance.
- 1614 -1630 Oak Hills Drive
- 1620-1670 Pinnacle Ridge Lane
- 1650-1695 Summit Point Court
- 1850-1856 Oak Hills Drive
- 1920-1950 Oak Hills Drive
- 2040-2065 Hunters Point Lane
Suggestions or issues regarding maintenance of the private drives can be emailed to the Association Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Association provides snow plow service to the private drives and parking lot at the park. In addition, sidewalks at the Oak Hills Drive entrance sign, park, and ravine are cleared. The snow plow service is called out whenever there is a 3-6 inch snow fall. This is the same plowing policy that is used in the City of Colorado Springs for non-major roadways.
For questions regarding snow removal contact the Association Vice President at email@example.com.
CSFD CHIPPER SERVICE
The Association, in partnership with the Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSPD), normally has a wood chipper come through the neighborhood twice a year in May and July to remove neatly stacked tree limbs. The hours of wildfire mitigation effort are reported the head of the Wildfire Mitigation Committee who provides a report the CSPD. The hours reported are used to justify the use of the chipper as well as other joint HOA/CSFD projects to benefit the Association.
2024 dates have yet to be determined.
Registration is REQUIRED for Pickup and must be done for each session.
If you are new to Colorado Springs, Hunters Point or Fire Mitigation, you can learn more about the chipper program and the benefits to both your property and the community at coswildfireready.com.
• Chipping will occur during the 1-2 weeks following the listed date
• Piles will be picked up by the end of the chipping block
- We ONLY accept woody limbs and branches up to 9 inches in diameter
- We ONLY accept properly stacked piles
- We do NOT accept construction or building materials, nails, wire
- We do NOT accept grass clippings, bags of leaves, trash, weeds, yuccas, root wads, dirt, or rocks
- Piles must be stacked curbside by 8:00 a.m. Monday morning on your designated chipping block
- Please limit pile size to 5’x5’x5’. There is no limit as to the number of piles along the curb
- Piles must be within 5 feet of the roadway
- Piles must be stacked neatly with cut ends facing the road
- Do not tie or band piles
- PILES STACKED INCORRECTLY WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Addresses not registered WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Do not combine piles with neighbors or haul in from other neighborhoods
- Chipping will occur during the 1-2 weeks following the listed date
- Piles will be picked up by the end of the chipping block
The association provides email communications to all members who have subscribed to the service. The emails consist of wildlife warnings (bear, mountain lion, etc) in the neighborhood, fire risks, association events, etc.
The Board produces and shares a Homeowner Directory listing contact information of those who have opted in for publication. The directory is updated as ownership and contact information changes. The directory is distributed to members through the homeowner portal and can also be found in the portal documents folder.
Spring Clean Up
The cleanup is held in early May. Association members gather and form teams to complete special projects and clean-up of association property. At noon, we gather again for lunch and fellowship. This is a great opportunity to meet neighbors and support the Association.
The Hunters Point Summer Party is normally held in August of each year. Themes vary each year and normally over 120 owners and their families attend. Food, beverages, kids games and activities are provided.
At the end of each year, the Hunters Point Board invites the volunteers who supported the Association in the past year to an Appreciation Dinner. It is a way of saying thank you to our neighbors who volunteered their time to make the association successful.